A Fundraising Event for Love Creek and Bike Michiana
This fun event is a Fund Raiser for the Bike Michiana Coalition and Love Creek County Park. Our Fantastic Bike Event is organized by Bikers for Bikers. It is a celebration of getting outdoors and Love Creek is a wonderful venue for the launching of Paved and Gravel rides (beginner & advanced). The casual nature of the event which includes fire pits and nature hikes makes it really fun. Evil Czech Brewery brews a true OCTOBERFEST BEER for the celebration. Additionally, they roast a pig and have other delicious food. Hosting a lot of kid oriented events, we have Mountain Bike lessons, nature hikes, a Scavenger Hunt and several other fun activities to teach kids HOW MUCH FUN IT IS TO BE OUTSIDE.
Love Biketober Fest Mission Statement:
The annual Love Biketober Fest is a combined initiative of the Bike Michiana Coalition and Love Creek County Park to create a family-friendly experience that highlights both the biking and natural wonders of Southwest Michigan.
About the Organizations
The Bike Michiana Coalition seeks a more bicycle-friendly community by:
- Encouraging bicycling for commuting and recreation;
- Expanding and improving bicycle infrastructure; and
- Educating citizens and government about bicycle safety, laws and the community benefits of cycling.
- Bicyclists feel safe riding throughout Michiana
- Bicyclists of all ages are taught safe bicycling in the community and schools
- Traffic laws pertaining to bicycles are clear and facilitate safe cycling
- Traffic laws are obeyed by, and enforced for, both cyclists and motorists
- Employers and schools encourage bicycle commuting
- Bicycle access, safety, and infrastructure are integrated into the planning of any public or private construction project
- Partnerships are fostered between bicyclists and community health care, environmental and sustainability groups
- All of Michiana is recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community
Love Creek County Park winds its way through this rolling 200-acre natural area outside of Berrien Springs, Michigan. Six miles of hiking trails provide access to a variety of habitats, including a mature Beech-Maple forest with spectacular spring wildflowers.
The Berrien County Parks Commission’s Naturalist Service is based here and activities are available throughout the year.
Love Creek offers outstanding Cross-country Skiing opportunities with groomed trails for both classic and skate-style skiing. Rental equipment for classic-style skiing is available in youth and adult sizes. For more information, visit our Cross-country Skiing page and for current trail conditions.
Love Creek also provides Mountain Bikers with access to a 3.5-mile beginning/intermediate level mountain bike trail from spring through fall. In winter the mountain bike trail is groomed for fat tire biking and fat bike rentals are available!