Love Biketober Fest is a fundraising event for Love Creek and BMC
The Ride 🚴🏻♂️🚵🏼♀️
The event consists of several different options for every type of cyclist. We will have a road route for road cyclists, Gravel routes for those that like the serenity of the dirt roads and the mountain bike trail will be open for mountain and fat bike rides. An Introduction to mountain biking class by our friends at NIMBA and a special “beat the ranger” contest for those that want to test their skills at high speed. Fat bikes will also be available to try on the mountain bike trail for those that want to get fat and stay thin over the winter months.
Join us post ride for an October Fest celebration from 1-4pm with includes brats, hot dogs, barbecue and you can’t have an October fest without beer!🍺
Mountain Bike Clinic at 11 am and 1 pm
There is more to mountain biking than just having the right equipment. Learn things like Neutral Position, Ready Position, & Ready State, Bike/Body Separation, Pedal Position, Eye Movement, Braking, Steering, Speed, Gearing and Cadence,, Timing and Coordination, Pressure Control and more…
About the Organizations
The Bike Michiana Coalition seeks a more bicycle-friendly community by:
- Encouraging bicycling for commuting and recreation;
- Expanding and improving bicycle infrastructure; and
- Educating citizens and government about bicycle safety, laws and the community benefits of cycling.
- Bicyclists feel safe riding throughout Michiana
- Bicyclists of all ages are taught safe bicycling in the community and schools
- Traffic laws pertaining to bicycles are clear and facilitate safe cycling
- Traffic laws are obeyed by, and enforced for, both cyclists and motorists
- Employers and schools encourage bicycle commuting
- Bicycle access, safety, and infrastructure are integrated into the planning of any public or private construction project
- Partnerships are fostered between bicyclists and community health care, environmental and sustainability groups
- All of Michiana is recognized as a Bicycle Friendly Community
Love Creek winds its way through this rolling 200-acre natural area outside of Berrien Springs, Michigan. Six miles of hiking trails provide access to a variety of habitats, including a mature Beech-Maple forest with spectacular spring wildflowers.
The Berrien County Parks Commission’s Naturalist Service is based here and activities are available throughout the year.
Love Creek offers outstanding Cross-country Skiing opportunities with groomed trails for both classic and skate-style skiing. Rental equipment for classic-style skiing is available in youth and adult sizes. For more information, visit our Cross-country Skiing page and for current trail conditions, see Love Creek News at the top of this page..
Love Creek also provides Mountain Bikers with access to a 3.5-mile beginning/intermediate level mountain bike trail from spring through fall. In winter the mountain bike trail is groomed for fat tire biking and fat bike rentals are available!
Some of the proceeds from this event will help provide new grooming equipment for the fat bike trails such as this Yellowstone Tracking Systems Compaction Drag